Tyler & Company
Based in our Atlanta office, the Vice President will report to Preston Smith, JD, FACHE, President of Tyler & Company. The Vice President directs the search process within the search team. He/she oversees the full search cycle from project initiation to placement. This includes: client management and interface; position analysis and development; search strategy approval; and candidate interview, assessment and presentation. The Vice President is also charged with successfully implementing business development initiatives via networking and relationship building with senior-level executives. Additionally, all Tyler & Company Vice Presidents are asked to strengthen the profession and field of executive search in the form of writing, lecturing and career counseling.
Primary duties and responsibilities include to:
- Participate primarily in business development activities in order to achieve the individual’s annual sales revenue goal. May need to become actively involved with one or more professional organizations and work with leadership of those organizations to identify opportunities for speeches, articles or other supportive functions that enhance the Vice President and Tyler & Company. Maintain networking contacts with industry centers of influence to sell appropriate level of search work. Participate in team-oriented firm-building initiatives such as joint or multi-consultant proposals to increase Tyler & Company’s competitive effectiveness. Track business development activity in Salesforce.
- Become familiar with firm’s marketing and sales strategies and resources. Prepare proposals and make presentations as necessary. The Vice President will develop marketing/strategic plans for a region or practice.
- Develop and manage multiple searches and search strategies. This includes managing the activities of research associates/consultants and support staff in benchmark letters, position specifications and ongoing search activities. Conduct site visits, obtain required search documentation such as financial statements, mission statements and client and community data. Follow up to ensure proper documentation and tracking of candidates, initiation of mass mailings and proper candidate screening and follow-up are completed.
- Conduct face-to-face or Skype interviews with appropriately qualified candidates (research associate/consultant helps with telephone screens and Skype interviews on lower level searches, confidential verification and partial referencing). Prepare extensive interview notes and manage candidate package preparation. Keep client informed of search activities through regular communications (written, oral or both as specified by client preference). Assist in referencing and other search activities as required. Provide assistance in search operations to senior vice presidents, vice presidents and other consultants when needed or required.
- Manage client relationships. This includes weekly and monthly communications, search updates, interview trip coordination and assistance with offers and contracts. Maintain candidate/client control during the search process. Monitor client billings to determine accuracy and efficiency of search efforts.
- Assist in the management and updating of all Tyler & Company databases. This includes candidate (Tylerbase), client (Orgbase) and search tracking (Search Management). Computer literacy is highly desired.
- Manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and profitable manner. Maintain daily timesheets.
- Complete special projects as assigned. Initiate appropriate projects and provide updates on progress.
- Address issues at first opportunity and in an appropriate fashion with individual in question. Show awareness in identifying and addressing problems in their initial stages and take steps to resolve them.
- Cooperate with management and other associates in achieving group and team goals. Remain flexible.
- Executive Search Experience Required
The successful candidate will have ten or more years of experience in senior-level search, preferably retained, and/or in business development or recruiting within the healthcare industry. Knowledge of hospital structures, positions and operations is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in required; possessing a master’s degree is a plus.
The ideal candidate will show proven success in search and/or business development and highly appreciate a team-oriented and collaborative environment. An understanding of financial targets and other key variables is required. The ability to recognize talent and build long-lasting partnerships with organizations is key. A candidate with a passion for success and stellar customer service, quality and timeliness through teamwork will thrive at Tyler & Company.
Key skills and qualities for success in the position include:
- Entrepreneurial; self-starter and self-directed; motivated; strives to achieve;
- Team oriented; collaborative; considerate of others;
- Interested in people; empathetic; good listener;
- Street smart; quick study; intuitive;
- Hard working; high energy; persistent;
- Natural networker and relationship builder;
- Excellent communication, writing and group presentation skills;
- Honest; Respectful; of high integrity; trustworthy
- Loyal; wants a professional home;
- Deadline-driven; results-oriented;
- Quality- and detail-oriented; organized;
- Flexible; adaptable; open to change; and
- Has a high tolerance of travel.
To apply for this job please visit www.tylerandco.com.