Website Tyler & Company
Tyler & Company Is pleased to announce an outstanding opportunity for a Program Director of Nurse Anesthesia Lourdes University Sylvania, Ohio.
The Organization: Lourdes University is a Catholic and Franciscan institution established in 1958 by the Sisters of St. Francis. Offering undergraduate and graduate degrees, Lourdes is known for its quality academic programs and personalized attention afforded to students. Located in Sylvania, Ohio, within the Great Lakes region, Lourdes students appreciate the safe and beautiful 127-acre suburban campus.
Accredited by nine national and regional academic organizations, Lourdes students can choose to major in several programs in arts and sciences, business and leadership, social sciences and nursing. The robust liberal arts education and Franciscan-inspired service-learning requirement ensures students receive a holistic education that prepares them for professional and personal success.
Hallmarks of the Lourdes University campus life experience are the unique apartment-style on-campus housing, and excellent student life and campus ministry programs. A member of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference in the NAIA, Lourdes plays 12 sports across 19 men’s and women’s Gray Wolves teams.
With a proven record of preparing graduates for personal and professional success, more than 90 percent of Lourdes business, education, social work and nursing graduates who pass state-administered exams secure employment in their profession or gain acceptance into graduate school within six months of graduation. Lourdes graduates are successful business leaders, educators, nurses, social workers and professionals across the U.S. and abroad.
The Opportunity: The program director of nurse anesthesia is a member of the Lourdes University College of Nursing faculty with all the rights and responsibilities of a faculty appointment. This position reports directly to the dean of the College of Nursing. The program director is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of curriculum and program development, implementation and evaluation of the nurse anesthesia program. This person is responsible for community outreach to clinical agencies in the negotiation of contracts for student clinical placement and the recruitment of potential candidates to participate in the nurse anesthesia program. The dean of the CON, in collaboration with the vice president of academic affairs, will assign appointment contracts and teaching responsibilities.
Candidate qualifications / experience sought include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited program of nurse anesthesia.
- Master of Science in nursing (MSN) – nurse anesthesia.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – nurse anesthesia, or currently enrolled in an accredited doctoral program.
- Valid, unencumbered, current RN license and appropriate credentials (certificate of authority and CRNA) to practice in Ohio.
- Certification in ACLS, BLS and PALS.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the practice of nursing as a CRNA.
- Current knowledge and at least two years of experience in curriculum development, testing and implementation of a CRNA program.
- Professional membership in the AANA.
- Experience at the director level or assistant director level leading an accredited program of nurse anesthesia.
- Experience in leading the conversion of an MSN nurse anesthesia program to an accredited DNP program.
The Community: Sylvania Township, in Lucas County, Ohio, population 48,487, is known as the City of Trees. Just west of Toledo, Sylvania abuts the Michigan border.
A strong base salary, incentive plan, relocation and executive benefits package is offered. For more information please view the Position Specification.
If you know someone who may be interested, please contact:
Wendy Siegel, Senior Consultant, Tyler & Company
Tel + 1 (678) 501-2651 (Direct) | Tel + 1 (770) 396-3939, ext. 2651 (Office)
All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit www.tylerandco.com.