Website Tyler & Company
Phoebe Putney Health System in Albany, Georgia, has retained Tyler & Company for an exciting search for a Director of Talent Acquisition.
The Phoebe Health System originated from a donation of $25,000 in 1910. Judge Francis Flagg Putney made the generous donation to the Ladies Hospital Aid Society of Albany. The donation would enable them to build a hospital for the community. The Judge had a few conditions with his donation. He wanted the hospital to be a brick building to reduce the risk of fire (the greatest threat to structures at that time). He asked that the hospital serve all citizens of the community regardless of their race or ability to pay. Finally, he wanted the hospital named after his mother, Phoebe Putney.
From that generous act began the legacy of Phoebe Health. Today, Phoebe is the primary provider of healthcare services to the communities of Southwest Georgia. It has grown to a three hospital, four campus system that includes hospice and home healthcare services. Phoebe continues to honor its original mission of serving its community with compassionate, quality care. As a Phoebe team member, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a difference in lives across the region.
For additional information regarding Phoebe Putney Health System, please visit:
The Director of Talent Acquisition is a newly created role for Phoebe Health. This role will create and lead the development and delivery of enterprise wide programs, processes and services related to the full life cycle of internal, external and college recruitment. This leader will mentor and develop the recently developed talent acquisition team as they strive to build their recruiting capabilities across the health system. This director, as part of employee experience, will build a strong reputation for finding great talent, aligning talent capabilities with emerging business needs, and acting with agility to build talent pipelines readying the organization to meet future workforce needs.
- Define and drive the talent acquisition strategy for the enterprise to support specific stakeholder needs.
- Build and cultivate the professional growth of the Talent Acquisition team, continually improving capabilities, processes and defining metrics.
- Optimize team processes, systems and costs to deliver against hiring demands and strategic workforce planning goals.
- Develop vendor partner relationships based on their ability to further support execution of recruiting strategies.
- Analyze sourcing channels, social platforms and advertising effectiveness.
- Leverage market intelligence, labor data, industry benchmarks, and internal metrics to measure and track progress/performance to recruiting function.
- Align with the Phoebe brand, to build recognition as an employer of choice, using talent acquisition strategies for social media and networking platforms.
- Knowledgeable of current recruiting challenges and unique challenges of leading an enterprise COE serving many functions and business channels.
- Develop processes and systems that ensure consistently high performance.
- Establish and maintain effective relations. Build rapport up, down and across the organization.
- Develop challenging goals and plans for area of responsibility and gain employee engagement and commitment.
- Develop the skill level of the talent acquisition team and encourage growth amongst the team members.
- Create a climate of cooperation, recognition, contribution and stability.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Meet commitments, recognize and act on service opportunities.
- Foster an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility while using sound financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible.
- Act as a resource in Talent Acquisition, share best practices and answer questions as needed.
- Represent and promote the organization throughout the community while presenting solutions that meet organizational and community objectives.
- 4 year/ Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business field. (Required)
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or business-related field. (Preferred)
- 5+years’ experience in recruiting and sourcing top talent. Preferably in a corporate environment with high volume roles across multiple disciplines. (Required)
- 2 years’ experience building, motivating and leading teams across multiple geographies during times of change. (Required)
- Track record of developing a team of Talent Acquisition professionals with an emphasis on the importance of strong business acumen and proactive sourcing.
Preferred Certification: Strategic Talent Acquisition (STA)
Serving the Citizens of Southwest Georgia
Surrounded by Pecan and Peach orchards this beautiful midsized town is located midway between Atlanta, Georgia, and Panama City Beach, Florida, Albany is considered the hub of Southwest Georgia for cultural and recreational activities, education as well as the primary trade center for the region. With a wonderful southern climate and a modest cost of living, this is an excellent community for young families and empty nesters.
Explore the benefits of each community hospital
Offering the best of both worlds for rural and city living, each Phoebe hospital is located in a unique region where some of the finest medical talent and specialties are located.
A strong compensation package, including executive benefits and relocation assistance, will be offered.
View the Position Spec Talent Acquisition for more information.
For additional information or to submit your CV, please contact”
Marion Spears Karr
To apply for this job please visit www.tylerandco.com.