Website Tyler & Company
Phoebe Putney Health in Albany, Georgia, has retained Tyler & Company for an exciting search for a Director of Organizational Development.
The Phoebe Health System originated from a donation of $25,000 in 1910. Judge Francis Flagg Putney made the generous donation to the Ladies Hospital Aid Society of Albany. The donation would enable them to build a hospital for the community. The Judge had a few conditions with his donation. He wanted the hospital to be a brick building to reduce the risk of fire (the greatest threat to structures at that time). He asked that the hospital serve all citizens of the community regardless of their race or ability to pay. Finally, he wanted the hospital named after his mother, Phoebe Putney.
From that generous act began the legacy of Phoebe Health. Today, Phoebe is the primary provider of healthcare services to the communities of Southwest Georgia. It has grown to a three hospital, four campus system that includes hospice and home healthcare services. Phoebe continues to honor its original mission of serving its community with compassionate, quality care. As a Phoebe team member, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a difference in lives across the region.
This newly created role is an exciting challenge to create and develop multi-tiered learning programs across the hospital system. The successful candidate will work with senior leadership to identify training needs throughout the system and then implement programs to meet those needs. This is an opportunity for a creative, charismatic leader to help coach and develop talent within a dynamic organization.
- Assess, develop and implement training strategies to enhance leaders and staff development.
- Ensure Health System leadership is provided with learning opportunities.
- Direct and implement periodic education needs assessments and conduct training needs analyses, as needed, to assist in identifying organizational leaders and staff training needs.
- Implement course evaluation systems and evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Work with individual departments, as requested, to assess needs, design and execute OD interventions team building programs.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for programs.
- Oversee the design and execution of New Employee Orientation.
- Develop, implement and oversee the succession development of high performing leaders and staff.
- Develop and facilitate classes and other programs that address the learning needs of hospital staff.
- Track participation and completion of classes and communicate status with organizational leaders and staff.
- Develop strong respected relationships with management and staff.
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Human Resource Development or Education related major. (Required)
- 5 years training and development, organizational/leadership development experience with emphasis on curriculum design and education. (Required)
- Previous management/organizational leadership experience required.
Preferred Certification: Strategic Talent Acquisition (STA)
Serving the Citizens of Southwest Georgia
Surrounded by Pecan and Peach orchards this beautiful midsized town is located midway between Atlanta, Georgia, and Panama City Beach, Florida, Albany is considered the hub of Southwest Georgia for cultural and recreational activities, education as well as the primary trade center for the region. With a wonderful southern climate and a modest cost of living, this is an excellent community for young families and empty nesters.
Explore the benefits of each community hospital
Offering the best of both worlds for rural and city living, each Phoebe hospital is located in a unique region where some of the finest medical talent and specialties are located.
A strong compensation package, including executive benefits and relocation assistance, will be offered.
View the 39679 Position Specification for more information.
For additional information or to submit your CV, please contact
To apply for this job please visit www.tylerandco.com.