Website Tyler & Company
Tyler & Company Is pleased to announce we have been retained for an exciting search for a Chief Financial Officer at Confluence Health in Wenatchee, Washington.
Confluence Health is a vertically integrated rural healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in over 30 services lines, and primary care in 12 communities across North Central Washington. With over 300 physicians and 170 advanced practice clinicians, it serves an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of the region through specialty outreach. It is North Central Washington’s largest employer with more than 4,000 employees.
The Wenatchee Valley Medical Group has a rich and deep history of bringing primary care services and specialty care medical services to North Central Washington. WVMG and Confluence Health are inseparable organizations with historical ties and a commitment to meet the Mission and realize the Vision of each organization collaboratively. Their futures are completely linked, and mutual success is seen as the only acceptable outcome. WVMG Physicians are the clinical leaders of Confluence Health and fully share in the administrative leadership responsibilities of the health care system.
- 1,080,487 outpatient visits per year
- 1,261,297 operating room minutes spent annually
- 1,282 newborns delivered
- 14,264 surgeries provided
- 200+ hospital beds
- 47,000+ acute patient days
The Chief Financial Officer will be an integral, contributing member of the Confluence Health executive leadership team and will effectively lead the Finance division for the system. Driving financial excellence and performance measures at the system level, collaboratively and respectfully engaging others in advancing initiatives, and partnering with the CEO and senior colleagues on strategic financing and other matters help to define the call for leadership for this unique opportunity. The CFO will foster an atmosphere supporting high performance and personal accountability and will serve as a contributing, strategic and operational leader, further advancing the organization’s strategic goal of elevating its culture while also consistently living the values of CH. In addition, the CFO will also be equally responsible for the financial management and success of the affiliated physician group, Wenatchee Valley Medical Group, which co-manages Confluence Health.
This role requires an innovative, technically superb leader who is by nature highly performance oriented in advancing high quality finance and financial strategy services. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, communicative, innovative and results- oriented leader. He/she will have a minimum of 10 years of finance management experience, a significant portion of which should be in health system organizations. The CFO is responsible for working with the executive leadership team in implementing system-wide strategy and for planning, organizing, interpreting, and administering system financial policies and all financial operations. In addition, the CFO is responsible for monitoring and assuring the organization achieves its agreed upon performance targets, including but not limited to quality, patient satisfaction and financial goals. The CFO will work closely with the CEO and the executive leadership team in formulation of system goals and in the implementation of financial policies, strategies and objectives. In addition, the CFO will play an active role in support of the Board and Board committees and the Wenatchee Valley Medical Group and its Board; represent the system with regard to outside organizations and various external matters; and oversee other functions and programs as assigned.
The CFO will report directly to Dr. Peter Rutherford, CEO of Confluence Health and the WVMG Board. The following areas report to the Chief Finance Officer:
- Network Strategies
- Revenue Cycle
- Business Intelligence
- Supply Chain
- Patient Services
Education & Experience
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Economics or related discipline. An MBA, MHA or other relevant master’s degree is highly desired. An advanced degree or CPA is required.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of senior level financial management experience in health care, with a broad-based understanding of all aspects of related legal/regulatory issues; Requires a minimum of 10 years of management experience.
- Preferred experience includes CFO experience in a healthcare setting involving Rural Health, Provider Based Rural Health, and Free-Standing Outpatient Clinical Practices, Acute Care Inpatient hospital experience and Medical Group Management responsibilities.
- Functional understanding of Home Health including Hospice and Palliative Care.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to envision the future and develop strategic plans based upon those visions, and then to take those strategic plans which align with overall system strategic goals and assist in translating them into realistic tactical plans.
- Proven ability to be an integral part of the Health Alliance NW Board and a vertically integrated health care system.
- Proven ability to direct and manage a professional staff of 15 people including supervisory level staff.
- Demonstrated ability in building positive relationships.
- High levels of problem-solving ability in order to proactively determine problem areas and coordinate implementation of effective solutions.
- Solid project management skills with an ability to coordinate a large number of concurrent projects.
- A solid understanding of healthcare business information needs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, and outstanding customer service skills.
Wenatchee is located in the heart of Washington, a thriving community for a work-life balance. One can enjoy open skies, snow-capped mountains, and the lakes and rivers of the high desert. It is the proud home of orchards, farms and many flourishing local communities.
The quality of life in the Wenatchee Valley is unsurpassed, evident by a steadily increasing population and a strong, diverse economy. The area’s natural beauty and abundance of recreational opportunities are two of the many reasons people come to the Wenatchee Valley.
With an urban area consisting of 80,000 people, the region offers the perfect balance of larger city amenities with the relaxed and friendly environment of a smaller town. Residents and visitors escape from their everyday routines on the Apple Capital Loop Trail, a pedestrian and bicycle path that meanders along the banks of the Columbia River, crossing at two points and connecting the cities of East Wenatchee and Wenatchee.
Along this developing waterfront you’ll find Pybus Public Market; a community gathering place with an excellent source of locally grown fruits and vegetables complimented by a quality selection of artisan and ethnic products.
An outstanding base salary, incentive plan, relocation and executive benefits package is offered~
For more information please visit the position specification.
If you know someone who may be interested, please contact:
Rene Dodd, Tyler & Company
All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit www.tylerandco.com.