Dedicated to healthcare executive and physician leadership search
Our specialties and subspecialties
For more than 35 years, Tyler & Company has focused on healthcare executive and physician leadership recruitment. With thousands of successful searches and an experienced team, we strive to provide you optimal results and dedicated customer service. Tyler & Company also believes in quality, relationships and putting the needs of our clients first. We are a member of the Association of Executive Search Consultants and fully abide by its Code of Ethics.
While we conduct searches for virtually all positions related to healthcare (even the new trailblazer / pioneer roles), we offer specific expertise in the following areas by way of dedicated practice groups and practice group leaders. For more subspecializations, please see our Areas of Expertise. A list with quick links to our most popular service lines are featured in the menu on the left.
Experienced with many organization types
Tyler & Company is humbled to have worked with many organization types and understands the intricacies and complexities of each. They include:
- Health systems
- System hospitals
- Independent hospitals
- Children's hospitals
- Community hospitals
- Teaching hospitals
- Academic medical centers
- Medical schools
- Physician group practices
- Research centers and institutes
- For-profit organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Rural organizations
- Urban organizations
Tyler & Company proudly uses a team approach to complete search assignments in a timely and effective manner. While each executive assignment and client has its dedicated consultant(s), research associate(s) (RAs) and administrative assistant, our staff collaborates to maximize on its collective knowledge.
Although our primary responsibility is to our clients, Tyler & Company has earned a reputation for treating potential candidates with respect, regardless of whether they are engaged in an active search. We build long-term relationships. Our success is evidenced through our continuous quality improvement efforts, which are scored and disclosed via client and candidate satisfaction reports. And, in our high rate of repeat clients.
Our team of consultants and recruiters are among the best in the business – their experience and success prove this.
- Chairman and CEO J. Larry Tyler has conducted more than 180 CEO searches; has been active in executive search for more than 35 years; and has dedicated his search and consulting efforts to one firm. He also is a Fellow at three of the four predominant healthcare associations and is certified with the fourth.
- Larry also is a two-time book author and speaks regularly on topics such as governance, succession planning and career planning.
- President Dennis J. Kain is a former hospital CEO, giving him first-hand experience of the industry in which we serve.
- We have intricate knowledge of certain functions / service lines and organization types. For example, on staff we have a psychologist, a human resources executive/consultant, and specialists in physician executive recruitment and healthcare marketing, sales and public relations. We also have staff members who have worked at prominent academic health systems and children's hospitals.
- The majority of our consultants each have more than 15 successful years in executive search.
Endorsed by Texas Hospital Association
After passing a rigorous and competitive review, analysis and evaluation, Texas Hospital Association (THA) endorsed Tyler & Company in November 2008 as its sole retained executive search firm. Please see the printer-friendly flier outlining THA / HealthSHARE's selection process, or read the news release. Tyler & Company was featured in an article about Best Practices published in THA's magazine January/February 2009, titled "Systematic Approach to Executive Search Garners 'Perfect Candidates'."
Tyler & Company and Methodist Charlton Medical Center, a 307-bed acute care community hospital in Dallas, were highlighted in THA's Winter 2010 Sharing magazine. Topic was "Executive Recruitment: Finding Hospital Executives During Tough Economic Times."
We stand behind our work. We guarantee our placement’s tenure for at least one year, and in certain instances, 18 months. We guarantee CEO placements for three years. If the selected individual leaves or is terminated, we will conduct a replacement search at no fee, solely out-of-pocket expenses.
Our mission at Tyler & Company is to recruit outstanding leadership talent so that our clients can achieve their organizational missions. We view our role as your search partner as integral to your success. We believe we are an extension of you when we are representing you and your organization to potential candidates, sources of influence, and your competitors in the marketplace.