Senior Vice President
5 Christy Drive, Suite 108
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
Dennis J. Kain, FACHE, joined Tyler & Company in 2000 and serves as Senior Vice President. His career spans more than 40 years and includes extensive leadership experience in healthcare operations, hospital management and national consulting. His expertise working within provider settings, including serving as a hospital CEO, strengthens his understanding of the qualities, knowledge and vision needed in creating and leading a successful executive team. Dennis has conducted CEO, senior executive and physician executive searches for large health networks, academic medical centers, independent physician practices and community hospitals across the country. He chairs the firm's CEO and Health Systems Leadership Practice and as well as the firm's Physician Executive and Medical Group Leadership Practice.
Dennis is well known among his healthcare colleagues. He is a long-standing member and Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and served as the ACHE Regent for Eastern Pennsylvania. In 2014, he won ACHE's Exemplary Service Award, the association's highest service award, for his commitment to volunteerism and service to the healthcare management profession. In January 2013, Dennis was elected to serve for three years on the Association of Executive Search Consultants' Council of the Americas. He also serves on the Dean’s Development Council for the Jefferson School of Population Health of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He is a former member of the American Hospital Association, for which he served as an alternate to the Regional Policy Board. Dennis has been a frequent speaker to a variety of ACHE chapters and health leadership forums, HFMA and the MGMA.
Dennis was the first recipient of the Health Leadership Network of the Delaware Valley's Administrative Achievement Award. He also has led numerous civic and community efforts and is past chairman in the Health Services Management and Policy Alumni Association of The George Washington University.
Prior to joining Tyler & Company, Dennis had an extensive career in hospital management, which included serving as a hospital CEO. Clients and candidates regularly commend Dennis on his extensive knowledge of the field and his ability to successfully place C-suite leaders. He also assists his clients with succession planning services and onboarding/executive assessment solutions to ensure stability within the leadership ranks. Dennis resides in New Jersey, his home state.
- Marsteller, Brent A. and Kain, Dennis J. "Onboarding your way to success." Chief Executive Officer, Fall 2012.
- Kain, Dennis J. "Hire the Right Healthcare Executive. Use these five tips to ensure you've picked the right leader for your organization." Executive Insight, Dec. 6, 2011.
- Kain, Dennis J. "The Value of Maintaining Meaningful References; Wisely choosing and nurturing your spokespeople are crucial." Healthcare Executive, March/April 2011, pp 76, 78, 79.
Master of Healthcare Administration
The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Arts
Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
* indicates a required field
- Cooper University Health Care, Camden, NJ
- Dignity Health, San Francisco, CA
- President, California Hospital Medical Center
- Doylestown Hospital, Doylestown, PA
- Ellis Medicine, Schenectady, NY
- Chief Executive Officer, Ellis Medical Group
- Chair of Psychiatry
- FirstHealth of the Carolinas, Pinehurst, NC
- Geisinger Health System, Danville PA
- Vice President of Cancer Services
- Grand View Hospital, Sellersville, PA
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Towson, MD
- Executive Director, Oncology
- Inspira Health Network, Mullica Hill, NJ
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Executive Vice President, Operations
- Main Line Health, Bryn Mawr, PA
- President, Riddle Hospital, Media, PA
- Mary Washington Healthcare, Fredericksburg, VA
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Chief Medical Officer, MUSC Medical Center
- Chief Operating Officer, MUSC Medical Center
- Mercy Community Health, West Hartford, CT
- Robert Wood Johnson University Health System, New Brunswick, NJ
- CEO, RWJ University Hospital Hamilton, Hamilton, NJ
- Vice President, Human Resources, RWJ University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Executive Director, Physician Enterprise, Somerset, NJ
- St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem, PA
- Chief Operating Officer, St. Luke's Physician Group
- Vice President, Planning and Business Development
- Vice President, Human Resources
- The Polyclinic, Seattle, WA